Sunday, December 16, 2012

First Dentist Appointment


Ryan and I took a special Mommy-son trip to the dentist this month.  It was his first time and he was very, very nervous.  I offered to go first, but the hygenist thought that would not be helpful.    She was GREAT with him.

He was hesitant to even get into the chair.  She spoke to him so gently and sweetly and calmly, he did climb into the chair by himself.    She let him feel all the instruments on his hand, touch them and examine them before she tried to do anything in his mouth.   In the end, Ryan got a special prize---a new Star Wars toothbrush and toothpaste, AND something out of the treasure chest.

I am always touched by his giving nature.  Instead of picking out something for himself, he picked out a bracelet for ME.  I've been wearing it since the appointment--and also because when he notices me NOT wearing it, he chastizes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment