Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Tranquil Rainy Days




Not only was it spitting rain, it was cold enough to turn on the heat for the first time.  In the past, I would dread days like these.  On this particular day of the week, I used to drive around all day which meant I would be wet and cold all day and arrive home wet and cold.  But I don't dread these days anymore.

We started off with some hot cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast with some hot cocoa.  Then in the cheery warmth of candles and heat did our lessons.  At lunchtime, seeing no improvement in the weather, I decided a hot lunch was in order as well....comfort food- grilled cheese, carrots and dip and tomato soup.

After cleaning up lunch, we laid out newspaper on the table, put on some favorite tunes and began painting.  We used corks today to make some truly beautiful fall trees.  Dylan really enjoyed this and yelled "Dot! Dot!" after each dab.  Ryan also painted some suncatchers--but I was a little too afraid of Dylan getting this on his clothes, so he and I did stamps instead.  It was a truly fun "bad weather" day, rounded off with delving into our giant bag of books from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment