Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

 HAPPY EASTER! 
 HE IS RISEN!

We had a really nice Easter Sunday.  Josh and I taught sunday school and had permission to do some fun things with our class.  We had an "empty" egg hunt--the eggs were all empty to signify the empty tomb (although we let the kids keep one egg which we filled with pastel m&m's at the end of the class).  We did hard-boiled egg spoon races and a game called "empty tomb." Empty tomb is played by making a circle out of string.  The kids go inside and lay down as though they are "dead in the tomb." Then the leader jumps up and runs out of the circle, around it and back inside, tags someone else and the cycle continues until someone's team finishes first.  That team is the winner.  Back inside the classroom, we did resurrection eggs to re-tell the easter story.  

We were just too busy this year to go out and do our annual easter egg hunt at the farm.  I had enough plastic eggs that we could have done our own in our yard, but the idea of giving them MORE candy than what was already in their easter baskets just did not sit well with me. I could have stuffed them with some small plastic animals, but I knew if I did that most of them would get burried in the dirt, and I was not sure I wanted those toys to meet a dirty end. So, I just gave them some eggs to play with in the water table and put bubble solution on the other side. 

 Ryan blew some enormous bubbles! 
 They wanted to see if the eggs would sink if they put rocks in them.  We predicted they would sink, but those things are surprisingly bouyant!
 Ryan enjoyed watching the water drip out of the holes in the bottom of the eggs.
 Dylan just enjoyed telling me what color the eggs were. 
 Aaand of course he enjoyed playing with his little animals and people.
 Ryan was trying to show Dylan how to blow bubbles.
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment