Saturday, May 31, 2014

Window Washer

One bright, airy spring day, Ryan surprised me with the request to learn how to wash windows.  Now, this is the same kid who gets excited about vacuuming and mopping floors and has been known to ask if we can "go home (from somewhere, it could even be the park) and do chores!"  
For many months a while back he would analyze the morning routine depicted in a Richard Scary book we had, drag me into his room in the morning, dressed in mis-matching socks and his hair slicked back with water to surprise me with his clean room, complete with a made up bed.
 I have no. idea.why. But I'm NOT complaining!  And I'm also not foolish enough to ever pass up an opportunity for some household help! 
So on that nice airy spring day, when I really did not want to tackle the windows, we cleaned the windows.

I showed him how the windows flip over so both sides can get cleaned.  I showed him how to fill up a bucket of warm soapy water and add some vinegar.  I showed him the window squeegee.  He carefully squeegeed the water off the windows.  Then I showed him how to dry the edges.  He. loved. it.  He was so proud of all the sparkling windows in the house afterwards.  I have to say, he did a really nice job!

No comments:

Post a Comment