Monday, January 16, 2012

Play Time

Ryan cracks me up with his imagination these days.  Today we were spending some time playing together while Dylan was napping.   First of all, he asked very sweetly if I would play with him.  He followed it with a giant hug and said, "Mommy, I LOVE playing with you!" 

My heart melted.  Of course I love playing with him too!

He has rediscovered our toy doctor kit since his appointment on Friday.  So we were taking turns playing doctor.  I went first (to provide a good model of course).  I took his blood pressure, looked in his ears and listened to his heart.  I told him he was very sick and would need some medicine.  Then I spied the one thing I had forgotten to use--the toy "shot." As an after thought I said "Oh and you need a shot."  Then I jabbed him in his leg lightly (incidently the same leg he had recieved his ACTUAL shot on just a few days ago.)

He. BAWLED.  I sat there stunned.  Between sobs he turned his tear streaked face to me and cried, "you MEAN." And then it registered what I had just done!  That the poor kid had just received his first memorable shot in the same leg two days ago!  I felt pretty mean.  And apologized profusely. 

When had had  calmed down enough, he still wanted to play doctor.  And it was his turn to be the doctor.  Let me tell you, he was a bit vindictive in the shot department.  His poor mother received a LOT of shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment