Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Latest Project


My latest project is a Jesse Tree Advent calendar.  We had one growing up and it was something all of us kids looked forward to every year.  For the last two years, I've been looking to see if I could buy one that looked like the one I grew up with, but have come to the conclusion I will just have to make it myself. 

So I went to Joanne's this week and found two large pieces of felt for the background.   Then I cut out the tree pieces and sewed them together.  I sewed buttons on for the Jesse Tree ornaments to hang.   I made my pockets 3 inches square.  I am still deciding which background I like best....I'm also trying to decide how to best tackle the pockets and how to best number them.  I'm looking for some iron on numbers as that would be the most efficient.  Otherwise, I may have to cut out some numbers from felt and hand-sew them on.

Time is ticking until December 1st!  The next two weekends will be devoted to getting this finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment