Sunday, November 16, 2014

3D Cell Model Science Lesson


One fine school day, the science lesson suggested (but did not require) making a three dimensional model of an animal or plant cell.  I browsed online quickly and decided a cake would be closest to my comfort zone for making edible models.  When my husband descended for lunch and I casually mentioned we would be making a cell model out of cake, he instantly decided I was going to mess it up and do it wrong.  Besides, he was a scientist and had spent the better part of five years taking detailed pictures of cells, so who better than him?  I decided I could not doubly crush him: first by doing it imperfectly and secondly robbing him of educational quality time with the kids.  
And so.....behold.....the animal cell.....


I had suggested little labels so we knew what everything was, but Mr. Scientist told me that was unnecessary since HE knew them all and had "imparted all (his) wisdom to his offspring."

No comments:

Post a Comment