Sunday, November 16, 2014

Bathroom Re-do

When we first bought our house five years ago, I knew that someday I would want to re-do the "powder room" bathroom.  I was not crazy about the previous owners sponged on fish or the 70's style blue toilet, but it seemed to go together and appeared to have been newly painted at the time we moved in, so we left it. Recently,  it felt like no matter how I tried to clean the bathroom--scrubbing walls, the floor, the mirror...etc....it just seemed...dingy and dirty.  And I was sick of the blue trim and the blue toilet.  So, I asked my sweet husband if my Christmas present could be re-doing the bathroom.  
We tried to keep it low budget.  I was going for a light soothing gray....since the bathroom is a confined space and windlowless, I wanted to keep it light.  Well....the gray I picked turned out a bit darker than I expected and at first I was really worried and Josh thought he might have to kick me off the team...But once we painted the trim a bright white and put a white toilet in, it really started to grow on me. 

 One of the things I love the best about the re-do (besides the sparkly white toilet) is the white flooring.  Before the flooring was a grayish blue and the white tile really helps brighten everything up and gives a striking contrast to the darker walls. 



I found some small "apothecary" type jars at the dollar store ($2.00) to put cotton balls and q-tips in.  Maybe over the next few months I can add some pops of color, hopefully red or yellow accents to help set everything off.  For now, I'm very happy with the outcome! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment