Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Igloo

Today I continued some preparations for Ryan's upcoming party with the idea that our craft today would not just be for his party but also just for fun throughout this month and maybe next month--if it lasts. 

I got two large boxes from home depot for a little more than a dollar each and taped them together.  In the back of one of the boxes I poked holes in the top of the box and pushed some Christmas lights through so it could be "lit" inside.  Then I covered them in paper and white pastic trash bags to make an "igloo."  Unfortunately, I was not able to figure out how to make a round top on my igloo.  So our igloo has a flat top. 


Ryan helped tape the paper on the igloo and made himself right at home.  He took a pillow, blanket, and his ipad inside and shut the doors. 



I guess inside every little boy is a little man who needs some "man cave" time. 



Other thoughts on the igloo:  I may line the inside of the igloo with white paper and attach a place for crayons.  Then on the day of the party, the kids can decorate inside the igloo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment