Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Problem

On Sunday mornings I like to sleep in as late as possible before church.  It's a beautiful thing to sleep in, especially with a warm snugly infant who will also sleep in as long as he is nestled close by.
 It is not a beautiful thing that the two year old wants the ipad on awakening.  And the ipad is stored in our room every night. And every morning he trots in wanting the ipad.  Every morning I growl at him to please be quiet and not wake the baby and remind him I am sleeping.

On this particular Sunday morning, Ryan trotted in the room asking for the ipad.  I woke up enough to tell him to go see his father and reminded him I was sleeping.  He left. 

Later, his dad shared this exchange with me:
Ryan went downstairs to see him as I had directed and stated, "I want the ipad." 
Josh: Well, go get it. It's upstairs with Mommy.
Ryan: NOooooo, you go get it daddy.
Josh: No, YOU go get it Ryan.
Ryan: Mommy sleepin.
Josh:  Well, why can't you go get it from Mommy?
Ryan: Mommy sleepin. She wake up 'an she get mad, and then she's a PROBLEM. 

WHAAAAT?  My son thinks I am a PROBLEM? I didn't even know he knew the word "problem!"

No comments:

Post a Comment