Saturday, February 25, 2012

Swim Lessons

Seventy-five percent of our planet is water - can you swim?  ~Author Unknown

Well, at least for Ryan he found a good start today.  Although he has been in the water several times, we haven't exposed him nearly as frequently as he needs to be to not be scared of the water.  
Today, we signed up for lessons with Ryan's best friend.  The parents are supposed to get in the water with the kids.  
Now, I loved swimming as a kid.  I was on the swim team for several years.  But, since growing up, have found that frequently, especially in the winter, the water is just not appealing.   So Josh did me a HUGE favor and got in the water with Ryan today.  
When he first got in the water, he clung to Josh and cried.
But, the instructors were great.  It was not long before they had him....
Splashing!
Using the noodles to float....

on his own.
Kicking....
and jumping. 
Ryan even became brave enough to blow a few bubbles.  
By the end of the lesson, he had a giant, huge smile on his face.
When we got in the car an hour later, he said, "Mommy, I had a good day swimming."  I hope someday he loves swimming as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment