Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Santa, I want....

We were out and about doing some Christmas shopping one day, when we ran into Santa, who just happened to be in town.  Ryan, looking star-struck, whispered, "There he is! There he is! It's SANTA!"
So, I told Ryan he should go sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas.  Ryan needed no further convincing.  I sort-of knew what Ryan was going to say.  I thought.  Turns out Ryan had done some significant revisions in the last 24 hours.

He told Santa more crayons.  He wanted a dragon castle.  He wanted a new movie.
I expected all these.  Santa asked if he had been a good boy.  Ryan very solemly nodded.  I affirmed that he had been a VERY good boy this year.

That's when Ryan caught me by surprise and added about ten new things to his list including: a Robot that walks and talks....

Santa nodded and promised, "I can do that..."

WAIT, I thought, WHAT? What if we CAN"T find a robot that walks and talks? What if we CAN"T get him a robot? What if we didn't want him to HAVE a robot?

....a clock that beeps and wakes him up so he can do school early....

Santa said he could do that too.....

What the heck Santa??!!! I'm finally getting sleep in my life, why would I want this child to wake up any earlier than he already does?

"And a scooter".
Yes son, you've been such a good boy this year....

All I have to say is that if Santa's name is a little tarnished next year, it's his own darn fault. 



No comments:

Post a Comment