Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Big Beautiful Mess

After Dylan was born, the Doctor gave me some very strict directions with regard to my recovery.
Don't lift anything heavier than the baby (That means RYAN!)
Don't drive for two weeks
Drink a LOT of water
REST REST REST--this means NO bending over, cooking or cleaning for now.  

In fact, her exact words were "Everything will just need to be a big beautiful mess for now. You need to HEAL up first."   

My doctor knows me well enough to know how difficult it is for me to NOT to obsessively clean.  At the time I just stared at her woefully, but promised to be a good patient. 

So last night I ran into this in my room.....

A huge....depressing....pile.....of laundry.  I started twitching.

But then I remembered --- BIG BEAUTIFUL MESS.

I may have chanted it to myself a few times.

Then I told myself the good news.  That pile of depressing laundry was at least CLEAN laundry.
I could always fold it later, after I finished some more important things.

So I turned around and went downstairs and did some of this....

And a little of that....


And don't ya know?  That was way way more important. 















 

No comments:

Post a Comment