Friday, July 15, 2011

I Like Ryan Too

Ryan has recently begun to grasp the concept of "nice" and "mean."

He can tell me monsters and dragons are "mean" and princesses are "nice."
A few weeks ago, when Papa Turtle and his aunts were visiting, I overheard the following conversation (though a wall while I was feeding the baby).

Ryan to his Papa...." GET OUT! GET OUUUT MY ROOM! MYYYYY ROOM! I SLEEPIN!"

(For the record, he was anything BUT sleeping).

In this conversation Ryan was being mean.  He was kicking his Papa out of his room.

His Aunt Larissa pointed this out.  "Ryan, that's mean!"

This greatly upset him.

"I NOT a MEAN Ryan! I a NICE Ryan! I LIKE Ryan!"  

His Aunt backtracked (somewhat hindered by her own laughter) " I like Ryan too...."

 I'm glad it upsets him to hear he'd been mean.  I'm glad he does not want to be a mean little boy.  I'm also glad WE get to be the ones to teach and train him, 'cause I "like" him bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment