Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Precious Moments

When I had Dylan, the final moments before he was FINALLY born are still a blur to me.   Probably because I was so drugged up.   It was a while before I was able to see him.  Probably because they were busy making sure he was ok and getting him to be more ok than he was.  No one announced to me that he was born when they pulled him out, or held him up for me to look at, or brought him over for me to see.  
My first clear memory that he was OUT was when a nurse came over with the paper showing his footprints.  Such cute little feet with long toes.
And now, one of my favorite things to do is to stroke and touch Dylan's soft little feet.  And his soft little head.  I love the way he zones in on your face, looks surprised and then gives a big gummy baby grin.   I love how his little head bobbles around as he tries to hold it up.  I love his little grunts and gurgles.  I love the way he nestles onto my chest when he sleeps all limp and warm. I love the way his eyes droop lower and lower as he drifts off to sleep. I love these precious moments with my baby.   
This stage of his life is flying by so fast.  He'll be six weeks old tomorrow.  He's already starting to be more alert during the day.  He's getting rolls of chub.  He's starting to give social smiles.  It won't be long before my sweet drowsy, warm, downy infant is no longer an infant but a big rambunctious boy!  I'm doing my best to enjoy every precious moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment