Sunday, October 9, 2011

Clean Clouds

This weekend,  we tried out the "clean clouds" sensory activity I've seen all over Pintrist recently.   I had two reasons for trying it.  First of all, it looked like something Ryan might enjoy.  Secondly, if Ryan enjoyed it, I might try it in therapy at my school. 


To make clean clouds: Microwave a bar of ivory soap. 
 Then shred a role of toilet paper and add it to the foamy mess you get after the soap is microwaved.
Lastly, add water and squish together until you get a concoction that looks like the picture above. 

This was not a sensation Ryan enjoyed. 
But he likes to stay very clean and he kept wanting to wash his hands.
Once we got our clouds to the table and I showed him how to use it like play-doh, molding and splatting and creating with it, he started to enjoy it.
He roll-patted a "treat" for Daddy.
He smooshed it.
And then we made mountains and snowmen. 
I'm not sure I'll duplicate this in therapy, mostly because I'm afraid my school kids might eat it.  That would be bad news.  But Ryan did enjoy it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment