Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween

As a kid, my family did not officially celebrate "Halloween."  We never got to go trick-or-treating.  We were allowed to pass out candy to trick-or-treaters' though.  That was really hard when I was very small.  But when I got older, we were allowed to participate in church "Harvest" parties, which basically meant everyone dressed up in a costume (but nothing scary or gory), went on candy hunts, broke open a pinata, played games, ate good food, and carved pumpkins.  

Josh on the other hand was allowed to trick-or-treat as a kid.  The funny part is he hates everything to do with halloween and I do not.  So, we weren't sure what to do with Ryan at first.   For now, we've decided he can trick-or-treat with his daycare.   

This year, he wanted to be a bat.  I was not willing to pay twenty bucks for something he would wear once.  So I set about making his costume out of a pair of sweatpants, a hoodie, an old umbrella, some felt, black duct tape, and a lot of safetey pins.

I think it turned out rather well!


No comments:

Post a Comment