Saturday, October 8, 2011

Garage Sale Day!

Today was one of those achingly beautiful days.  The sky was deep blue with not a cloud in the sky, the trees were ablaze with yellows and reds (which sadly I did not get a picture of today), and the weather was actually warm.

This morning I did something I never really do.  I went garage sale-ing.  My neighborhood was having a neighborhood wide garage sale.  So, I set out this morning to see if I could find some deals for things I've had my eye on that someone might be giving away.   And behold.....

I did!  Since he has been small, whenever we would run into one of these at a friends house, Ryan would zone in on it and pretty much play with nothing else.  We had considered it for a Christmas present last year.  But we just were not willing to cough up the amount it would cost brand new.  So, when I saw this for three bucks, I considered it a deal!  Needless to say when I brought it home, Ryan spent most of the afternoon playing with it.

Although, I did get him to do a little side-walk chalk painting which we made together using the following recipe:
1/4 cup water.
1/4 cup corn starch
Add food coloring.

He got a little carried away....
But that's ok! I was just glad he was outside enjoying the beautiful day instead of inside begging to watch movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment