Sunday, October 2, 2011

More Glow-in-the-dark fun

 So, for a while now I have been getting addicted to Pintrest.  It's a magical place of amazing creativity.   I have been gathering fun glow in the dark ideas to do with Ryan. Mostly because I think glow in the dark stuff is really fun.  Today was the perfect day to do them because it was cold and rainy.   We got a black light and some glow-sticks.    Then I set out play-doh and put some of the glow-sticks in the balloons.  
 The balloons glowed nicely but unfortunately all of my pictures of these events are blurry and hard to make out.  My camera apparently just isn't the best for taking pictures in this type of lighting.


Ryan and Josh decided in true "man" form to have a small war with the balloons.  This is what it looked like under the black-light. 
Pretty much it looked like something out of the Matrix.

But when I turned on the light, you could really see them "going to town."
The play-doh was a bit disappointing.  It did not really "glow" under the black light like I had hoped.  I think my black lights were a little "weak."  

But I still had one more idea up my sleeve thanks to Pintrist. I put some of the glow sticks in glasses containing different amounts of water and made a "Xylaphone."    We tapped on the glass to hear the different tones and made up little "songs."

They were three note songs though because I only had three clean glasses.


All in all, it was a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment