Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall!

Tomorrow, it is officially autumn.  And it already is starting to look and feel like fall around here.
Yesterday, Ryan, Dylan and I went to the park and took a little nature walk. I had hopes of making it very educational. I thought we would talk about autumn and what happens to the weather and trees in the fall.  I thought we would pick up a few leaves and discuss what kind of trees they came from--oak, pine, etc.  I thought we could talk about the pretty colors the leaves were turning.  

But Ryan had other plans.  Ryan picked up a few sticks, instead of leaves, because that is way more interesting to him.  He smacked the sidewalk.  He pointed his stick at me and growled.  He threatened to poke me with the stick.   I threatened to take the stick away.

So he turned around and ran away, stick in hand.  He spotted a stink bug covered tree.  Then he set about smacking them with his stick.  And so our "educational" nature walk ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment