Sunday, September 11, 2011

Glow Stick Bath

Yesterday was a lazy Saturday after a long and busy week.  Josh had to go into work which left me wondering what to do with the kids.  More specifically, what to do that didn't cost money or require a long drive.  So I broke out Josh's shaving cream and let Ryan paint with it.




  We drew a few letters.....
and then I added food coloring for some added fun when his interest started to wane.

After that, I cut the sides off of a box and wrapped it in tinfoil.
We talked about how the tinfoil was "shiny." And then I broke out the markers and let him draw on it.   It would have been better if I had colored Sharpies since marker did not quite "stay" on the tinfoil.  So, I improvised and let him pick some artsy things to stick on from my scrapbook drawer.



Josh then came home early and we ran some errands.  I had seen a really fun idea I wanted to try with him on Pintrist (Thanks Holly Browning for introducing me to Pintrist).  So we picked up some glowsticks at the dollar store.

We waited until it was dark for bathtime.  And then the "special activity" began....

 It was a HUGE hit!  Ryan loved his glow-in-the dark bath.  It was pretty cool for us adults too!





When we put Ryan to bed that night, he took his glow sticks with him.  It was the first night in a really long time he did not ask to sleep with the light on, which was an added bonus to the whole activity.




No comments:

Post a Comment