Thursday, September 22, 2011

Smile and Say Cheese!

I think my husband is a pretty cute guy. When we were dating and newly engaged, I took a lot of cute couple pictures.

See? Isn't he handsome? 
Then we got married.
When you get married, some things change for the better.  But some things just....change.
Like your husband's willingness to be photographed.


He began to give me "the glare of doom" anytime I went to take a picture of him.  And I would say "Smile! You'll want to remember this day/event/period of life and someday when you are 80 you will appreciate this piece of photographic evidence of how wonderful our lives are! So smile!"

It wasn't long after this that the glare of doom began to morph into what I call the creepy mutant face.
This is now standard if I try to take a cute couple-y picture. It often appears behind my back.

I think we've gotten a good one. Until later.
Then I yell.
"REEEALLY? SEERIOUSLY Josh? EVERY TIME?



Yes. Pretty much every time.  Although in this little gem he has glow-sticks behind his ears and up his nose.
I've taken to sighing quite heavily when it comes time to put pictures of us in the family album.  Because my husband is wearing his creepy mutant face in nearly every single picture. 

But........Very very rarely I am still able to get a good one.





No comments:

Post a Comment