Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fun Saturday Morning

I love Saturday mornings.  The pace is so nice and relaxed compared to a week-day morning when we rush about trying to get everyone ready for the day, in the car, and rush off to work.  This morning we joined some friends at the zoo. 

It was a perfect fall day.  It required a sweater.  But it was sunny and the weather warmed to a nice breezy 70 degrees by the afternoon.

Our zoo has four tiger cubs.  We've watched them grow since February from itty bitty cubs to these half grown monstrosities.

Dylan was mildly terrified in the penguin house.  I think it was the light dancing off the ceiling and the scary shadows.

After the zoo, we did a little yard-work.  Josh mowed the yard, and I had the coveted job of cleaning out the grass and weeds growing in the cracks of our patio. 

The wet looking area is the patch I finished that was about an inch and a half thick and had completely overrun this area of our patio.  It was hard work and I must admit, Josh had to help me some. 
It was during this job, Ryan ran up to me and yelled, "Mama, I got this you!" (translation: I got this for you) and threw a dead mouse at me. 

Yes, it hit me.  Yes, I screamed.  Yes, he was touching it with his bare hands.  Yes, he laughed when I screamed.  Yes, I washed his hands about five times afterwards and had a little talk about things that we don't touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment